Random total freeze (sometimes daily, sometimes a few times a week)

horus.bv

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018
My pc has been freezing randomly. It can happen every day, few times a week or even once a week. The screen totally freezes along with audio, mouse and keyboard. Fans are still spinning, leds are on. No BSOD, no errors in event viewer that might show the cause of this issue. It can happen during games or just by simply browsing the net. Requires hard reset.

What I've done so far:
Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro several times; reinstalling every possible drivers; updating ssd firmware; updating virtual memory; running disc, memory tests built in by windows; setting the power options to high performance and to never turn off hard drives; turned off S states in bios; changed psu cable; changed monitor hdmi cables; changed to dvi cable; changed monitors; removed my other hard drive which is a hdd, because I read somewhere that ssd plus hdd combos can cause issues; checking for temperatures, everything is alright-I even brought my computer to a professional to check my pc and he said he found no hardware nor software issues during the week he had it with him. He checked every component, did voltage test for psu, checked bios settings. So according to him everything is fine, so it might be something else like power strip (changed that as well) or maybe keyboard or mouse (did not change those, dont think that it might cause the issue.)
Im running out of ideas. The only event viewer errors I get are mostly DistributedCOM errors, but they happen even when my pc is running just fine and the times it occurs are different from when my pc freezes.
My specs:
AMD FX 8350
MSI GTX 960 2GB
GIGABYTE 990FXA UD3 R5 MOBO
8GB KINGSTON HYPERX RAM 1600 (two stick)
250 GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD
CORSAIR cx600m PSU

All of my pc components are not more than 2 years old. Did not change any hardware before the issue started. It has started around mid december, so Im thinking that it might be some new driver but I just dont kmow anymore. Please help. Im desperate. If I forgot anything just ask.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
sudden freezes while gaming or using heavy apps is usually caused by either a drive with bad sectors or a dying RAM.
sometimes the memtest isnt enough, so try playing games for a day with 1 stick until you crash. and replace it with the other.
you can check the health of your disk by going to your BIOS if it supports SMART monitoring. or just download the HWinfo. and scroll down to your harddisk devices and check in its properties if there are any warnings found for your disk health.
be sure to also update all your drivers and/or BIOS found on your motherboards support site. starting from your chipset.

horus.bv

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018

It happens when Im not gaming as well. While just browsing the internet.