Graphical hardware problems

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
I just bought a new motherboard (Gigabyte - GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard) and found that it doesn't have any graphical output. As I don't have a driver for my system this makes it impossible to use the graphics card (nvidia geforce gtx 1050ti) so I have no way of connecting my monitor to the computer and still get a signal. Does anyone have a course of action to get an output to my monitor? The only way I can think of is using an adapter but I'd rather avoid it if at all possible.

My build consists of :

Motherboard : Gigabyte - GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard
monitor : Acer KA240HQ
Graphics card : gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 Ti
processor : AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-core Processor

Thanks.

4745454b

Titan
Correct. I'm lost on what you are asking. You put your 1050 in, and plug the monitor into that. Boot up the PC, install windows, drivers, etc. If your monitor is VGA only and not DVI or HDMI, etc then this won't work. Nvidia removed all analog support from the 10 series cards. This means you'll HAVE to get an ACTIVE DVI to VGA adapter. It has to be an ACTIVE adapter.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

I'm sorry I don't quite understand? Also I didn't deem the hardrive, psu or RAM necessary as I've already checked them and know they're not a part of the problem

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

There is already an OS installed I just replaced my motherboard. And the GPU doesn't pick up a signal without a driver (of which I don't have installed) so the monitor doesn't function as it can't pickup a signal from the GPU but I can't connect it to the mother board as it doesn't have a graphical output.

4745454b

Titan
so the monitor doesn't function as it can't pickup a signal from the GPU

It doesn't work that way. Windows will load default drivers. How are you connecting it? Did you see my post?

If your monitor is VGA only and not DVI or HDMI, etc then this won't work. Nvidia removed all analog support from the 10 series cards. This means you'll HAVE to get an ACTIVE DVI to VGA adapter. It has to be an ACTIVE adapter.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

Its not defective, it works fine. I'm saying that I don't have a graphical output on the motherboard and that the graphics card won't function without a driver

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

I DO NOT have my monitor connected to my computer. The motherboard doesn't have any slot for a graphics option and my graphics card won't work without a driver.

4745454b

Titan

As others have said, windows will load default drivers. That will work with the card. Put the card in, attach any PCIe plugs that are needed, and plug the monitor into a port on the card. Fire it up. It should work if everything was done correctly. You don't need to load drivers BEFORE putting the card in.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

Sorry I've worded this question in a really stupid way. The basic driver isn't working for the graphics card. I've got my monitor connected to the graphics card using HDMI although it won't pickup a signal from the card. Last time I have this issue I connected the monitor to a VGA cable and connected the cable to my motherboard. My current motherboard however, doesn't have a VGA, HDMI or DVI slot so my only solution is to get an adapter but I'd rather not. So I came here in hopes of finding a way to get my graphics card to pick up hue signal without he use of an adapter. Sorry to be so inconvenient.

4745454b

Titan
Put the card in, attach any PCIe plugs that are needed, and plug the monitor into a port on the card. Fire it up.

Now at least we know you are using HDMI. So it's not the lack of analog support that's causing the issue. Could be a bad HDMI cable, or a power plug not in/in correctly. And all that changed is the board? Double check the ATX power cables? Perhaps the 24pin or 8pin plug isn't in tight?

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

The HDMI cable is functional as I have used it for other devices. The motherboard is the only new component. The 24 pin plug is secure although I've never heard of the 8 pin (I'm not very good with motherboard cables as I tend not to mess around with them.)

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

I've definitely plugged in the 24 pin although I couldn't find a female 4 pin slot on the motherboard.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

OK. I missed the 4 pin connector entirely. Thanks alot for pointing that out