1080p at 60hz or 144hz for WoW

bricksquad312

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
Who isnt trying to save 100$?

Ive done EXTENSIVE reading on this, and have heard so many mixed reviews, I wanted to open a thread of my own.

1050ti 4g asus strix gpu

Ryzen1500x pcu

B350f mobo

I dont care if you raid 25 mans or do big battleground PVP.... 50% of your gameplay will be on a smaller scale.

After so much reading, Ive learned that this question is more of a case by case basis, depending on someones build.

So if anyone has any knowledge of if 144hz will be beneficial with my current specs, Id GREATLY appreciate it, and will save me 100$+

Thank you thank you in advance

Solution
Well WoW drops below 60fps a lot so running on a 144Hz monitor will be incredibly frustrating when those drops happen.

A couple examples:
I until recently had a 6700k at 4.7GHz.
In Dalaran I usually get about 80-95 depending on how many people are sitting at the hearth point and where I am in the city.
In Stormwind Trade between the bank and AH, it hovers between 65-75
Most raids it ranges anywhere from 45- to cap, depending on the fight.
And in most places in the world I max at the cap...

So yeah those drops will be especially annoying when you're eyes are used to seeing 144fps.

Not to mention the 1050 Ti probably won't be pushing 144fps either.

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
Well WoW drops below 60fps a lot so running on a 144Hz monitor will be incredibly frustrating when those drops happen.

A couple examples:
I until recently had a 6700k at 4.7GHz.
In Dalaran I usually get about 80-95 depending on how many people are sitting at the hearth point and where I am in the city.
In Stormwind Trade between the bank and AH, it hovers between 65-75
Most raids it ranges anywhere from 45- to cap, depending on the fight.
And in most places in the world I max at the cap...

So yeah those drops will be especially annoying when you're eyes are used to seeing 144fps.

Not to mention the 1050 Ti probably won't be pushing 144fps either.

Solution