Video Card Power problem

KingTrazer

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
I have a Radeon hd 3650 runs alright however when I turn my computer on the screen flashes and pc beeps. Screen says "You have not connected the power cable to your video card" I've gotten this error every now and then usually turning the computer off a few times fixes it. Not this time. I've taken the pins out of the cable and tightened them. Nothing helps. Seems I've got a heart monitor for a computer

G

It could be a bad cable

KingTrazer

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Okay so I tightened the pins on the 2nd cable and fired right up. I do think the 1st cable is completely bad and 2nd cable needs the clip pins replaced. I don't really know the name. Its a 4pin cable only thing I've ever seen connect is my video card and old floppy drives

G

4 pin cables are pretty easy to get, I'd just search up on newegg/amazon/google 4 PIN GPU cable bearing quality in mind off.

KingTrazer

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Posting a fix for those who encounter this and are too stubborn too buy parts.

Things you will need:
1: Thumb tack (or needle of some kind)
2: Needle nose pliers.

Step 1: Remove the power cable from your computer. (safety first)
Step 2: Grab the cable and turn it over to the side that you can see the metal.
Step 3: Take the thumb tack and gently poke the metal while tugging on the individual wire. (poke closer to the side near wires)
Step 4: Once you have the wire out take the thumb tack and pop the clip you pushed down, back up a little bit.
Step 5: Now for the problem, take the pliers and squeeze the part that grabs the prongs on the graphic card. Keep doing that until the opening is just a little bit smaller than the pins.
Step 6: Push the wire back in correctly. Repeat this process until all 4 wires are done.

Hope this helps other cheap dudes like me.