Desk mount with a high weight capacity - Yet fits; 100 x 100mm VESA mounting holes?

robbob_70

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Hello,
I've been thinking getting a desk mounted monitor and and attaching it to the wall and lying under it. So it then becomes a floor desk.
I'm hoping this will be better for my posture than sitting at a desk.

So my main concern is buying a cheap mount and have it come crashing down on my face.
Some desk mounts hold as little as 6kg.. maybe less.
Wall mounts for big TVs seem to hold a lot more weight but the problem with them is they only have a +/- tilt of 15, degrees; where i'd need a +/- of 90, degrees to have it perpendicular to the floor.

So i think it's got to be a desk mount, but i'm having trouble finding one that can support over 20kg. It doesn't need to be very articulated; and i would imagine the more articulated they are the less weight capacity they have.

I've got a 24" lcd screen that i'd like to use for this; it's got 100x100 VESA mounting holes. I'd like to get the sturdiest mount with the highest maximum weight load that still fits the 100x100. For safety reasons.
Do you think a desktop mount could put up with the extra pressure of supporting a monitor in an unorthodox way like this; (mounting it 90degrees on a wall instead of flat on a desk)?

Cheers,
J

Solution
it's not going to be the weight limit of the mount itself that's the problem, it'll be the fixings into the wall. And i doubt it'll be better for your posture, as long term you'll lose muscle tone that's currently used to keep you upright.