Windows 10 Re-installation Question

KrimsonXG

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
Recently, some of my Windows 10 files have gotten corrupted and have been causing BSOD with different causes. They are infrequent and are caused on logging into my computer or after I've been using my computer like normal for 20 minutes.

I have a USB installer and have been trying to use it to repair Windows, but when running the update for the installation files I encounter a problem and it doesn't finish updating the installation. This has led me to just start over from whatever version is on the USB and work my way back up to the current version. My real question is though when I select the "Keep Nothing" option, since it is an older version, does only the drive that has the OS installed on it get cleaned, all drives, or just things associated with Windows 10 system files/documents/etc?

Solution
When you select "Keep nothing" during Windows 10 installation, only the data on the drive where Windows 10 is installed will be erased. Data on other drives will not be affected.

Why not download the media creation tool and make a new installer. On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - then your updates afterwards will be much faster

Colif

Win 11 Master
When you select "Keep nothing" during Windows 10 installation, only the data on the drive where Windows 10 is installed will be erased. Data on other drives will not be affected.

Why not download the media creation tool and make a new installer. On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - then your updates afterwards will be much faster

Solution