My iPS panel doesn't look quite as colorful as i expected it to be

tonklar22

Commendable
Nov 3, 2017
Please read first, this is not a troll. I use lg23mp68vq for a while now because i heard in lots of reviews that it's very good so i bought it, and i noticed that the color is not as good as i expected but i let that slide. However, when I start comparing it to my phone, tv or even school computer's monitor, the color of this monitor looks very dull in comparison to those. Is there anything wrong with my monitor?

Solution
A monitor's default setting are usually un-calibrated colors. They are set up to look good in the store.

Please refer to your manual on page 19.
yKKzj6B.jpg

Adjust your screen using the joystick on the monitor first, then tweak the colors using AMD Catalyst.

alexanderburger07

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Hi, what you can do is open your nvidia control panel --> Display --> Adjust desktop color settings --> Digital Vibrance and boost it to 70%.
This should greatly enhance your colour displayed from your monitor.

tonklar22

Commendable
Nov 3, 2017

Sorry i didn't tell, i use amd card, rx 570

JoeMomma

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
A monitor's default setting are usually un-calibrated colors. They are set up to look good in the store.

Please refer to your manual on page 19.
yKKzj6B.jpg

Adjust your screen using the joystick on the monitor first, then tweak the colors using AMD Catalyst.

Solution

tonklar22

Commendable
Nov 3, 2017

I have the latest version of the driver, they don't show "my digital flat panel" my version is currently 17.12.2