I can't decide between two monitors, please can anyone help me

toblin

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
Can anyone help me to decide between these two monitors, they're around the same price here where I'm buying them but one has MVA panel and the the other one is with PLS which one will suite me better for working in Photoshop? I primarily need great color accuracy, won't be using this monitor for gaming etc only for work.

Samsung S32D850
Samsung S27H850 LED

Thanks in advance!

toblin

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
I dont know how important it would be for working with colors in Photoshop, it's for black and whites right? Darkest black and whitest white range...I don't know, I need it for photography and digital painting.

Monitors I now have are

DELL P2717H
and old Samsung SyncMaster 932BF

Samsung one has better colors even after calibration, whites are stronger on DELL but I wouldn't bother that much if they aren't. Watching old Smasung is kind of easier on the eyes even though I think. Brightness uniformity is far better on the DELL one.

yafatana

Reputable
Aug 21, 2015

can you find the dell u2715h on your local store
this Monitor has an ips panel great for photoshop
a little slow for gaming with 8ms
but colors on this Monitor are great

toblin

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018

That one is in the same price range as those two I want to buy, it has amazing color reproduction (Delta E below 3 and 99% sRGB) but only 16.78 Million colors, these other two I want to buy have over one billion colors, how much is that important for working with color critical work? (I need high sRGB not AdobeRGB I won't be printing anything etc.)