Wake-On-Lan in Windows 10 problem

radacadabra

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
Hello,

I want to enable Wake-On-Lan so I can remotely turn on my work PC with Teamviewer, but obviously I am having no luck in doing so and would be very thankful if anyone could help me.

I checked a lot of threads and instructions, and below is a list of things that I already have done. My guess is that the problem lies in the thing that I haven’t, and that is enabling Wake-on-LAN in BIOS because it is greyed out. In Power tab, there is: https://ibb.co/jN8UHR

Under Advanced tab in BIOS, I haven’t found anything similar to “Power on by PCI-E/PCI”/”WOL”/”Deep Sleep”/”PME Event”.

How should I enable it/should I? Have I done something wrong with options that I did change in Windows?

TL;DR: How to un-“grey out” “Wake-Up Resources” in BIOS?

What I have done:
- updated network adapter drivers
- network adapter Properties -> Power Management tab
- Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power – unchecked
- Allow this device to wake the computer – checked
- Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer - checked
- network adapter Properties -> Advanced tab
- Wake on Magic Packet – Enabled
- Shutdown Wake-On-Lan – Enabled (also tried Disabled, mixed info)
- unchecked “Turn on fast startup” in Power options
- checked in registry for [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0004] to see what is the value of “WakeOn” – there isn’t any “WakeOn” entry
- yes, I added devices IDs to Teamviewer WOL local network

Operating system: W10 Edu 64-bit
Network adapter: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Mainboard: FUJITSU D3230-A1
BIOS: FUJITSU American Megatrends v4.6.5.4

Solution
You may need to enable lan boot and add it to boot order.

Also WoL wont work on most systems with Hibernation so that will need to be dissabled if the computer is a laptop with battery (or desktop connected to UPS).
WoL needs to be nabled in Bios, what motherboard do you have?

Also this only works if you have 2 computers on teamviewer on your home network.
This works by teamviewer connecting to computer B (which has to be on), to tell it to send WoL packet to computer A.
If you dont have a computer B on the same Lan then teamviewer has no way to send it the WoL packet.

TRENDING THREADS