Back-up Software Recommendations? (EaseUS, Comodo etc...)

A Furry Peanut

Honorable
Jan 11, 2016
I've been doing some research on good back-up programs, however all of these "top 10"/"best back-up programs" seem very sketchy to me, mainly because the comments would often disagree with their list. I also noticed that Acronis True Image was on every list which strikes me as odd since my experience with their paid version (and the WD edition) was nothing but horrendous. It's been over year and their support still hasn't gotten back to me and my multiple attempts to contact them. Judging by the comment section, I don't seem to be the only one.
So my question is, do you have any recommendations for back-up programs that has a good rep in the online community? Is there a reliable source where I can look at other peoples' experiences with back-up software? Price isn't a problem for me. So far EaseUS and Comodo backup seems to have a good rep. I've already tried Aomei Backupper but still prefer EaseUS and Comodo.

Solution
Win10 contains all the backup you'll ever need, including image backup.

use settings->Update & Security->Backup to set up automatic backups. Make sure "Automatically back up my files" is turned on, the click on "more options". Tell it how often you want it to back up your files (I use the default "Every Hour"), then select the drives/folders/files you want to backup. Finally, select the backup drive target. I installed an internal HDD for just this purpose, but you can use an external HDD like this, too: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Passport-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B01LQQH86A/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516329408&sr=1-5&keywords=external+hard+drive The files that are backed up this way are readable: they are...

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Win10 contains all the backup you'll ever need, including image backup.

use settings->Update & Security->Backup to set up automatic backups. Make sure "Automatically back up my files" is turned on, the click on "more options". Tell it how often you want it to back up your files (I use the default "Every Hour"), then select the drives/folders/files you want to backup. Finally, select the backup drive target. I installed an internal HDD for just this purpose, but you can use an external HDD like this, too: https://www.amazon.com/Black-Passport-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B01LQQH86A/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1516329408&sr=1-5&keywords=external+hard+drive The files that are backed up this way are readable: they are in the same format as the original file.

For image backup: Control Panel->System and Security->File History then look down at the bottom left-hand corner and click on "System Image Backup"
This will image ALL the drives in your computer at the same time, into a single image file.

Unless you're doing weird stuff, this is all you'll ever need.

Solution
I've had numerous bad experiences with the Windows supplied backup programs and Acronis. What I've had great experience with are two free (for non-commercial use) ones, Macrium Reflect and Easeus Todo backup. I've been using both of these for several years without the first problem of any kind.