Slow loading graphic texture (Fortnite , GTA V etc.) , future proof computer!

stelios405

Prominent
Jan 19, 2018
First of all , I want to make clear that I know there's been many articles about slow loading textures out there , but I wanted to get a little bit deeper into this subect. I want to analyse with you guys any options out there about this problem. I have read a lot of things about that but nobody has given an complete answer . I would like to express my perspective and what I am seeing with my knowledge and I want to see others opinnion or somebody to correct me if I am wrong.

About a year ago I bought and downloaded GTA V , after the installation I noticed that when I was running fast with a car the graphics texture of the GTA world (buildings etc.) would be blur and I had to stop right at that point , give the game couple seconds without moving or doing anything specific to let the graphics texture get back to it's normal form. I have to say I wasn't surprised because I knew I didn't have the best hardware .

Today after the latest update on the Fortnite (with the new map) I noticed again that glitch. To be more specific , after ejecting from the bus while being mid-air close to landing I can see the slow textures and sometimes when I land for the first 5-15 seconds I can't do anything besides watching a huge blur on my screen and sometimes my player is going up and down for 5 seconds as well. So Fortnite is like Pubg , the fastest you land and get a weapon , the better it is(so I am losing the half game experience).

Firstly , I have read people with pretty good hardware are having the same issues which that could probably be a drivers problem(os or gpu) or even fortnites problem(which can be solved with the next update maybe). But on my case which I got a pretty good gpu but pretty slow cpu (which is half job done) where could be the problem?

Let's take cpu first. Well , while I am running fortnite the cpu performance is on 99% and it's running on 60-90 fps in game , few times I am droping under 30 fps for a matter of seconds. After that I thought it could be the hdd as well because the write and read speed is pretty slow (10 mb/s disk transfer rate)and as far as I know 8gb of ram won't be able to hold a whole map so the hdd/ssd speed it's pretty important on this situation(note:the disk performance is on 100% as well while I am playing fortnite) .I have adjust windows performance , for the best performance plus I have tried different setting in the game like 480p with small resolution but that doesn't affect my issue.I've got all the latest drivers and windows updates as well. Another thought that I had is that there's maybe an option that it could be windows problem. I am saying that because the hardware is nothing but wires , the way that the os is been programmed is really important as well , so is there a change that the os is not managing correctly my tasks so eventually I am having this issue? On my mind I thought I need a new cpu but I am not really positive about that. I mean I need a new processor for sure , but is this going to solve my problem ? Because I think that the hdd/ssd is a major issue as well. So that's my big question , what is causing this problem in every kind of system , fast or slow and what should I do?

With that been said if I need to change cpu or I will have to buy an ssd or anything like that , is it really worth it ? I can't affort financially a whole new set up , but if I am going to update some new components in this current set up , I want to know if it's really worth it. Just for the record , my computer is my daily driver.I am using it for programming , graphic design , gaming , everything that you can imagine. I am using programms like autodesk 3d max , visual studio on a daily basis. I am constatly downloading and deleting things from my computer , I am experimenting new programms , watching movies , you name it. Right now the performance is slow but I get the job done.So now that you know what I am using my computer for , should I upgrade just few things or is it a better idea to raise few bucks for a whole new set up?

Lastly, I would like to thanks anybody who stayed so far , feel free to share anything. I also have to apologise for any grammatical mistakes , English is not my native language , I did my best to keep it formal.

Fortnite Video Setting that I am running on: https://imgur.com/a/NimCc
Fortnite graphic texture blur 5 seconds after I landed: https://imgur.com/a/TIE3X
Fortnite graphic texture blur right after I landed: https://imgur.com/a/lbI1W

My computer specifications:
CPU: Intel Pentium DUAL CORE G860 3.00GHz
MOBO: ASUS P8H61-M LX2
RAM: 8GΒ (2x 4GB) DDR3 (1600MHz).
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST Twin Frozr
PSU: AcBel HBA005-ZA1GT 350W
Storage: 1TB hdd

g-unit1111

Titan
What kind of monitor are you working with? If it's 1080P your setup is essentially the bare minimum for a game like GTA V to run on it.

On the other hand if you try upgrading the processor, H61 is socket LGA 1155. Most of those CPUs have been discontinued but you should be able to find a used i7-3770 on eBay and be able to run it with a BIOS update.

As far as the graphics go, a 650TI is several generations old now. It is currently very difficult or near impossible to find a new GPU, but I've seen 1050TIs go for $150 right now and that might be your best bet to get better frame rates.

Evan Sarginson

Commendable
Jan 22, 2017

that did not work for me :(..
I only play fortnite and it continues to happen .. HELP PLEASE

Apr 10, 2018
I think its your ram. 8GB might be OK, but considering youre also running DDR3 ram at 1600mhz, thats very slow for modern ram. i think you should get DDR4 Ram if you can, maybe 16GB if you can. The reason im saying this is because in fortnite, the textures setting says it will affect ram. so maybe try that and see how it goes.

How the hell he should buy ddr4, it is incompatible with the motherboard. Yes higher frequency ram should help, i can see your motherboard supports max 2200 MHz DDR3, so 2133 Mhz DDR3 should help a bit the problem, also a i7 3770 should be better then a new set of ram.

g-unit1111

Titan

This is completely false on every level. Textures are in no way, shape or form affected by RAM. The only way this would be an issue would be running on an onboard GPU. But since this is clearly not the case, there is no reason to change out the RAM. And DDR4 RAM cannot run on a H61 motherboard, the only thing you can run is DDR3 RAM. This is more of a CPU / GPU issue than it is a RAM issue.

-CPU needs more threads.
-GPU could use an update.
-Storage would probably benefit from a SSD, but not necessary. I just hate using W10 computers without one. Texture pop-in can be a result of high disk activity, and W10 always seems to be doing SOMETHING in the background.

I'd start at the CPU. Pick up an i7-2600 or i7-3770.

Feb 20, 2018
I would not count on hardware upgrades fixing this issue as people with much faster PCs have the problem.

One solution that works in fortnight for a lot of people is set a frame rate. unlimited frame rates seems to cause issues. Set it to 30 or 60 or 120 or whatever you feel your computer can handle and see if it helps.