Windows 10 (Clean Install) Very laggy (Slow) and crashes. Program launching very slow.

nekoboy

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Ok, I'm having some very odd issuses with my PC.

It all started with a fresh install of windows onto my M.2. Everything seemed fine but when I would open the webbrowser and start clicking on links or anything of the sort it would just almost freeze up for a few seconds and I would hear my CPU fans REV up and get loud. Eventually what I clicked on would load up and the fans would return to normal speed.

It has done this also with Discord. If I'm in discord and click on a URL link or a picture and then click Open Original once again it would take forever for the browser to load and the CPU fans would rez up once more.

I also clicked on a Ad banner on spotify and did the same. Would take forever for the browser to open up and the cpu fans went crazy for a little bit.

I have installed windows on another m.2 I wasnt using and it is doing the same thing.

I'm guessing this is a software or driver issue? Maybe a motherboard issue?

I've installed all the drivers i can think of and updated windows and still having this problem.

Any of you heard of this and know how to fix it?

If you need any more info just ask.

nekoboy

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018

I don't have the latest BIOS should I try that?

PC Specs are:

CPU: 7700K
Motherboard: Aorus z270 Gaming K7
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti
RAM: 16gigs corsair

Colif

Win 11 Master
Given latest Bios version is only 10 days old, I can understand not having it. As I said, it might help as something is causing the fan speed to vary.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-K7-rev-10#support-dl

I assume case isn't full of dust as that too can make CPU fan speed up loading browser windows (reminds me I should clean mine), if its heat sink and the fan is dusty anyway

Solution