Random reboots in a new computer

jorge_medion

Honorable
Jan 20, 2018
Good Morning,

I write in this section because I do not know if my problem is related to software or hardware, I apologize if I'm in the wrong section. If is not in the correct section, I would appreciate if you could indicate where my post can be moved. Thank you for your comprehension.

I have a new PC since September 2017: Medion Akoya P4228-D, AMD A10, 16 GB, 1 TB, GTX 750 2 GB

Since about a month ago, suddenly, without following any pattern, the screen goes black for 1 or 2 seconds and reboots automatically (the logo appears and then the operating system is booted and loaded). This happens with a frequency of once a day, there are days that it does not happen and it can happen after 5 minutes or some hours later. I thought it was for some usb defective, but it also happens without introducing any usb (pendrive, external hard drives). I also thought that it could be Google Chrome, because many times it happens when using Google Chrome, but it has also happened to me without using Google Chrome or any browser, just by opening a pdf. I thought it could be the graphics card (GPU) but I have tried some games and videos and it never restarts in these situations. I have also thought about the power supply, but someone told me that if it was the power supply the problem would be more recurrent and there would be more symptoms, in addition to a blue screen, but I do not know if it is true. I have Windows 10 64 bits installed and updated (which came initially installed with the pc), I have very few software installed because from September to January I have used it little, I do not have newer hardware, just a printer.

I do not know where to start or what might be causing these random reboots. How can I at least diagnose and understand the problem? I would appreciate any help in this regard.

If would be useful, I purchased BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2018 if this software may be a possible cause of random reboots. Is completely legal and the license is for 1 year.

Thank you in advance.

Solution

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
Hit windows & r both at the same time. Then you will get a box saying run. Type the following: eventvwr and hit enter. Go to windows logs > system and check for any errors. If there are errors, what does it say?

jorge_medion

Honorable
Jan 20, 2018

Done. It says:

15 events since December 2017, when reboots started. Every event is the same, the same error:

Level: critical.
Origin: Kernel-Power.
Properties of the event: Event 41, Kernel Power
General: The system was restarted without shutting it down cleanly first. This error can occur if the system stopped responding, was blocked, or power was interrupted unexpectedly.
Details: System. Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power. Guid. {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}. Event 41, version 6, Level 1, Task 63.

I am not a computer expert. What could it mean?

Thank you very much for your support.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016

Windows 7:
Hit the windows key
Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click Advanced system settings.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
If there's a checkbox on the auto restart option, uncheck it and hit apply.

Windows 8.1 & 10:
Hit the windows key
Search for control panel and open it
Go to system & security > system
Click Advanced system settings.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
If there's a checkbox on the auto restart option, uncheck it and hit apply.

Solution