Blurry Un-readable Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)

fdalelax24

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Just installed a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850 250GB). Started off by trying to clone my old HDD using the Samsung provided data migration software. At some point during the cloning, my PC crashed for an unknown reason. After this I started getting various BSOD errors, "KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED", "MEMORY MANAGEMENT", and one or two others that I do not recall at the moment. After a serious of attempting to reformat the SSD, reclone it, etc. eventually I started getting blue screens, but now they were blurry and unreadable, see picture:
SpcRJst.jpg

After my PC continually kept crashing to this screen I gave up and decided to do a clean install of Windows on the SSD via a bootable USB. I was able to format the SSD using the bootable USB and install Windows 10 without any issues. However, shortly after the Windows 10 setup process, it crashed to this same unreadable blue screen again and continues to do so with no rhyme or reason to when it decides to do it.

Has anyone ever ran into this unreadable BSOD before? Any idea what causes it?

Solution
I am starting to think the graphics glitch is caused by the current Nvidia drivers, as look at this screen shot and look at yours,

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM8MceWKeTKfXT3Am3wivXRHNMyRgVpYgjRXOIcFom9JW6ZzShfYgnG7UjddKfugw?key=U2pSQmRyRVNDZWdzOVNudFVUNE1UVndfcTAxRXNR

they are almost the same. Most BSOD won't show the taskbar so it looks like a resolution problem or something. A few people have had same problem this month and they all had Nvidia cards

Follow next link and depending where you got the drivers you were using, either install drivers direct from Nvidia, or run windows update - which ever is opposite to what you did before...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, I have seen it very recently. Only once though, so its not a common error,

What are specs of the PC?

Does it happen after login or anytime? reason I ask is if you can get the login screen, you can get to safe mode.
On the screen where you click mouse or hit key to reveal the login box, click on the power button in bottom right of screen
while holding down shift key, click restart button
this should load you into the windows recovery environment

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Now if its drivers, it shouldn't crash in safe mode
can you open file explorer
set view to show hidden files and folders
go to c:\Windows folder and copy the Memory.dmp file to another location, say a USB or something
Upload that Memory.dmp file to a file sharing web site and share a link here.

I will ask someone to check it out for us.

fdalelax24

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Thanks for your reply!

The specs of my build are as follows:
MB: ASUS Sabertooth 990fx
CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.31 GHz Six-Core
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TI
RAM: 16GB

It happens pretty randomly, but it appears to be mostly when I am installing software or running Windows Update. The Memory.dmp file that I will provide a link for below is resulting from a crash that occurred while installing a game (League of Legends). The strange thing is that when I load Windows up again (after grabbing the Memory.dmp file in Safe Mode) the League of Legends install was complete (???).

I want to point out that after grabbing this Memory.dmp file, I restarted to the UEFI BIOS and I just happened to notice that my CPU was running at ~3.8GHz instead of the default 3.31GHz. At somepoint while I was in the BIOS setting up my new SSD I must have accidentally enabled the AMD OC Tuner, I have no idea how. So I set the CPU settings to default (F5 in BIOS) and now it is back to the normal speed of 3.31 GHz. I am hoping that this overclocking of the CPU was the culprit, do you agree that this could be the case?

Memory.dmp file:
http://

Thank you again for helping me out!

gardenman

Splendid

Colif

Win 11 Master
I am starting to think the graphics glitch is caused by the current Nvidia drivers, as look at this screen shot and look at yours,

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM8MceWKeTKfXT3Am3wivXRHNMyRgVpYgjRXOIcFom9JW6ZzShfYgnG7UjddKfugw?key=U2pSQmRyRVNDZWdzOVNudFVUNE1UVndfcTAxRXNR

they are almost the same. Most BSOD won't show the taskbar so it looks like a resolution problem or something. A few people have had same problem this month and they all had Nvidia cards

Follow next link and depending where you got the drivers you were using, either install drivers direct from Nvidia, or run windows update - which ever is opposite to what you did before

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html

installing while overclocked could be cause as well, I guess.

Solution

fdalelax24

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Thanks again for your help and really. I turned off the AMD OC Tuner in the UEFI BIOS and so far I have not been getting any of those crashes. Here's to hoping it stays that way and the OC was the problem. Thanks for your assistance!