Freezing and Bsod issues

lyricalassassin92

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
Hi, I have been experiencing issues with Bsod and freezes randomly on my pc. It all started after I was playing Witcher 3 for long periods of time. At first I chalked it up to overheating and got msi afterburn to help the fan speeds keep my pc cooler and monitored the heat level when gaming. My pc would never go above 70C and usually I didn't have much trouble in most games such as Arma 3, Rising Storm 2 etc... Now it seems my pc is freezing and Bsod randomly such as web browsing, working in my DAW (digital art workstation) or gaming on some games (like mount and blade warband for example). I have updated all of my drivers and even gotten software to detect NY out of date drivers I may have missed and updated those. I've run a merest which came up with 0 errors. Run malate scan and anti-virus with nothing coming up. Ran Crystaldiskinfo with the drive coming up with no errors and good health. I'm going to try and open it up and clean it out since I have neglected to do so in a while. I have a feeling it may need more thermal paste and to reset the heat sink. But I thought I'd ask if there is anything else I can do before doing that and replacing if adding some new ram. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. Have not tried reinstalling windows but would like to save that for a last resort.
Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350 4335MHz
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Motherboard:Asus
Hard drive:2tb ST2000DM001-1ER164
Memory: Corsair vengeance 16gb (2x8gb stick)
Power:raidmax vampire 1000w 80plus gold
Sorry if some detail is missing can't really see specification on some of these and can't remember.

Solution

deepudeepu99

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

Try resetting BIOS and refreshing Windows,, (if the BSOD isn't related to hardware components)
Also make sure all hardware and cooler parts are seated properly..

Solution