Display not showing true 1080p

cooltrains.sk

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
I just recently put a new gt 1030 graphics card in my PC and ever since, I have not been able to get a true 1080p out of my monitor. I am using a TV as my monitor. My TV doesn't show what I would consider 1080p, it makes everything have jagged edges and it doesn't look pleasing. I have tried going into all of the settings I can think k of to change this, but nothing helps. Is there anything I can do to change this?

Solution
What you consider 1080 does not mean that the resolution is not 1080. A TV would have many issues that a monitor won't have, larger dot pitch is one, so looking at it closer will cause things not to look sharp, especially if it's a larger TV.

How are you connecting the PC to the monitor? Is the resolution actually set to 1080 in display options? That means it is on 1080, but you need to find a setting to make it look nicer for you, which is not the same as the system not showing 1080 resolution.
What you consider 1080 does not mean that the resolution is not 1080. A TV would have many issues that a monitor won't have, larger dot pitch is one, so looking at it closer will cause things not to look sharp, especially if it's a larger TV.

How are you connecting the PC to the monitor? Is the resolution actually set to 1080 in display options? That means it is on 1080, but you need to find a setting to make it look nicer for you, which is not the same as the system not showing 1080 resolution.

Solution