Want to downgrade to Windows 8.1

donnybgoode

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
I'm currently using the Lenovo y50-70 gaming laptop (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y50-70-GTX-960M-FHD-Notebook-Review.145896.0.html) which is now about 3 years old. I know it's an old laptop, but since the Windows Fall Creators update i've been experiencing major lag spikes in most of my games. I've tried so many different fps bossting/fixing tips, but none worked. I've reset my pc several times, and now down to last option, which is to try to downgrade my windows version. I've tried uninstalling the Fall Creators update, but couldn't - all articles/websites guided me to Settings - Update & Security - Recovery then go back to the previous version of Windows 10, but i dont have that option. Then i got frustrated about it and remembered, that the first time i reset my pc where i had upgraded to windows 10 it went back to windows 8.1. That was because when i went to Setting - Update & Security - Recovery then Reset this pc i had the option to reset the pc to factory settings, but now i don't have that option and have basically hit a dead end.

So i need to know how i downgrade my pc without being able to do it via the windows settings. Otherwise I'm gonna have quit gaming for a few months to save up money for a pc that can handle todays standards.

Solution
If this happened to me, I'd restore from a Windows 8.1 backup I made before going to Win 10. If you don't have one, you'll likely need to reinstall Windows 8.1 from your install disc. You might want to create a new partition to install 8.1 in, giving you dual boot.
If this happened to me, I'd restore from a Windows 8.1 backup I made before going to Win 10. If you don't have one, you'll likely need to reinstall Windows 8.1 from your install disc. You might want to create a new partition to install 8.1 in, giving you dual boot.

Solution