New PC + old Windows (and question about SSD)

catsvenom

Commendable
May 2, 2016
So,
I've ordered all parts for my new PC, and what I'm wondering is, if I have my Windows 7 disc with a key
634688aa5b48ac240d91f09adaa34a9c.png

Will I be able to install it on my new PC and upgrade it to Windows 10? (It is currently installed on my current pc [duh])

And one more question, since I am new to SSD's, I wanted to ask, do I download Windows on SSD or do I leave it to store my games/movies (probably dumb question, but still)

Solution
Unless you can convince Microsoft that you've removed Win 7 from your current PC, you'll need to buy a new license. Also it's possible that a new PC might not be compatible with Windows 7, so I'd recommend you check that if you plan to put 7 on it. SSDs work exactly like HDDs except a lot faster, so whatever you want to speed up, that's what to put on the SSD. I'd get at least a 240 GB SSD so you'd likely have 150 GB for stuff in addition to Windows.
Unless you can convince Microsoft that you've removed Win 7 from your current PC, you'll need to buy a new license. Also it's possible that a new PC might not be compatible with Windows 7, so I'd recommend you check that if you plan to put 7 on it. SSDs work exactly like HDDs except a lot faster, so whatever you want to speed up, that's what to put on the SSD. I'd get at least a 240 GB SSD so you'd likely have 150 GB for stuff in addition to Windows.

Solution