[Solved]Please help, stuck on attempting repair loop, no other solutions help.

blitzsurfer21

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hello to all kind gentlemen and ladies, please help me get back to my PC, I miss it so much

So to begin with the problem, the first thing that started it all was, getting stuck at windows logo loading screen,
there was not even the usual loading circle animation and there was no indication that my PC was working on something (the red light beside the power button).

Then I did a quick google search and determined that I need to boot into a usb drive to do anything, luckily I made one last year when my windows 10 got corrupted.
What I did was, I went into boot menu (F11 on asrock mobo) and clicked on "UEFI USB".

I was able to get into windows installation page and proceed to go into Troubleshoot page, and the first thing I did was going into "Automatic Repair".

This is when another problem start, I got into the automatic repair loop, no matter what I do! It got into attempting automatic repair -> diagnosing -> failed -> troubleshoot menu.

Tried going into safe mode, still happened, never got into safe mode. Also did system restore, system image recovery, reseting windows, ALL FAILED. Problem still persist even if I pull out the USB dongle.

Another thing to note is when I go into Command Prompt, the command line started with X:, what does this mean? I also think my HDD is fine because I ran some chkdsk it says my HDD is perfectly fine, not sure what happened there.

Please help, I just want to see my homescreen again, and all my games and works inside :(

Solution
Hey thanks for replying but I found a solution already and I FINALLY GET TO SEE MY HOMESCREEN AGAIN

Thanks to this guy, I...

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I am not sure the story behind the x. But you can solve that by typing:
>>> cd c:

Try this for your repair process.

Code:
Open up the Command console in Windows 10 using the Installation disc.

type in cd c:\ and press Enter
    then type in nd press Enter

then type in sfc /scannow and press Enter

then type in chkdsk /f and press Enter

cd will change the active directory to the c:\ drive
    fixboot will automatically fix any startup problems.
    sfc /scannow will look for any corrupted or missing system files and replace them.
    chkdsk will scan for disk errors and repair them.

blitzsurfer21

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hey thanks for replying but I found a solution already and I FINALLY GET TO SEE MY HOMESCREEN AGAIN

Thanks to this guy, I didnt find his video before, hes a godsend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgdAzvBcJyo

Sorry for creating this thread too soon, have a nice day.

Solution