Upgrade Help Please

thunderhorse007

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I have a Gateway DX4370g - uw10 desktop. What could i do to upgrade it better for gaming?

specs-
AMD a6 3620 processor
Rradeon 6530d graphics
6gb ddr3 memory
^ not a solid list but its whats on the side of the case.

im new to computer internals and PC gaming so if you could give me some advice or choices for upgrades thatd be a big help, and if anyone wants to explain how you know these things are compatible (wisdom from years, a web site i could visit, etc) that would be much appreciated

thanks very much

PS
On a post from over 2 years ago someone said try a radeon 7790 and a corsair cx430- 400 W power supply, are those still valid options?

thunderhorse007

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

honestly I've no idea. I dont know what that is, and i spent like 4 hours trying to find the motherboard specs online but they're nowhere to be found.

I took a quick look around but couldn't find detailed specs. So what I would do is this:

First, open your case and take a look at your power supply. It'll have a label on it that says, among other things, the total power it puts out such as "300W". For cost effectiveness, it would be best to pick a card that did not require you to spend money on a power supply as well. To do that you need to know how much power you have.

Next, you should specify the games you hope to play. Your APU is not that powerful, so to be honest some newer games will be out of the question. For example, yes an HD 7790 aka R7 260x aka R7 360x is a viable card for gaming. But not for the most demanding games at 1080p. For less demanding games, esports type games, stuff like CSGO, sure.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

I linked the appearance above and as suggested above can you look in the pc at the motherboard itself. Have seen pc's like yours where they just didn't put it on the motherboard for whatever reason so better to check.

thunderhorse007

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies i really appreaciate it. im new to all this so it helps to have ppl who have been into computers longer than me.

motherboard - Acer Aspire X3470
powersupply- 300w delt 80 plus bronze

thats about all i could get without taking it apart. I know theres probably some weird shit in there that ppl dont normally put into specs but like i said im extremely new to this so just bare with my newbness until i can build up enough knowledge to not look awkward or learn the lingo.

I know i should try and get 16 gb - 8 at the least and the power supply is just gonna come with the territory. This pc is my mothers and im just trying to give it a lil extra "oomf" so i dont have to play games on the lowest seting possible. I am saving up to build my first budget computer.

I usually play FPS's overwatch, paladins, etc. but i love all kinds of games. Fallout, Arc, PUBG, etc. really ill play anything so i just didnt included specific games bc im not to picky about games. i only have paladins rigth now cause it was free to play but hopefully ill expand. im coming from console btw and i did that for the beter part of my life, so pc is like an alien landscape to me.
anywas

thanks for any help and i hope the info i added wasnt usless.

ps - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113271 - heres a link to the computer. maybe ill have more info.

thunderhorse007

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

oh sorry didnt see that link until just now. derp

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

not much you can do, as it is a super weak platform

get a gtx 1050

leave everything else alone and start saving up for a proper gaming setup

it should run overwatch well, but games like PUBG will still run like poo

thunderhorse007

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018

thanks for the reply man. would i need a new power supply to run that with my current system?
Yeah your right, it isnt the best platform, old and weak. Upgrading it just a little is more complex than an entire new build cause i can just youtube a budget build but making changes to an existing (older at that) system is a little out of my knowledge. thanks for the input my dude.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

a gtx 1050 would have no problems running on 300w, just make sure it is version that does not need a 6-pin pcie cable