system clone hdd & ssd raid

rgedit

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
hi guys,
I am new to here, so please help me out.

I have a PC that has a HHD (local C), I want to get a samsung eva 850 500gb and connect to another slot on my PC and clone my system on it so I can take the old HDD out and use the SSD as the new LOCAL c.

Is this possible? How can I go about doing this right so I don't loose any of my files, settings, etc

Thank you so much in advance.

Bscull12

Honorable
Apr 19, 2017
This is very possible. In the SSD’s box there will be a CD. Either use this or go to Samsung’s site for the download to their data migration tool. However, you will need to buy a USB 3 to SATA III adapter, like this one:

StarTech.com USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Adapter Cable for 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD Drives - Supports SATA III (6 Gbps) - USB Powered https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XLAZODE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_TmbAAbRAN667R

I literally bought this today, lol. Anyways plug that adapter into the SSD and open the migration tool. It will give you clear steps and then once it is complete, shut down the PC and then pull out the power plug. Do not pull the plug until you see the motherboard lights go dark. Then unplug the 2 cables going into your hard drive and plug them into the SSD. Wala! There you go. Message me if you have any other questions!