Screen goes black entering/exiting fullscreen playing WoW

bmcmvox

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2013
Hi, I have an issue that I can't seem to solve. When I launch World of Warcraft in fullscreen and when I alt tab out of it my screen goes black in both instances without fail. It doesn't lose signal or anything, just goes black. Turn the monitor off and on again solves the problem every time. It doesn't do it for other games like Sims 4. Windowed mode works for WoW, just goes black during fullscreen. what could be causing this?
graphic and windows drivers up to date.

Windows 10 64bit
Gtx 1070
Ryzen 1700x

Thanks

EpIckFa1LJoN

Admirable
WoW should not be run in Fullscreen, there are tons of known issues like this and they have not, and probably will never, be fixed. Several people, including me, even report slightly lower fps in Fullscreen compared to Windowed (Fullscreen) mode. Some people even report it the other way around so I guess it depends.

Run in Windowed (Fullscreen) mode. That is the most stable way to run the game.

Apparently the issue is when the game loses its connection to the hardware and network (which is what is happening when you tab out of it), it has a very difficult time regaining control of the hardware/network. In many cases I've seen tabbing out of fullscreen mode disconnect the game. When you run in Windowed (Fullscreen) it is not minimized, it is just in the background, so it still has all its connections to the hardware/network.

So you really have two options, run Windowed (Fullscreen) or don't tab out.