Unexpected kernel mode trap 7 times last 3 hours

mat.tokar

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018
Hello everybody.

As title says, in the last 3 hours my PC crashed probably 7 times. Error title in BSOD was always same: Unexpected kernel mode trap.

I tried memory diagnostics tool, no problem found. I tried sfc /scannow to check/fix system files, but it wasn't fast enough, seventh bsod interrupted it. Right now it is running again.

Here are memory dumps if anybody knows how to read them and would be so kind to look at them:
dumps

Thank you

Colif

Win 11 Master
I asked a friend to read dumps and he said
The first one is PDF files (which can contain viruses). If needed I can open them in my VM and take screen shots, but it would be easier if he would upload the actual dump files. Some of it is probably in a foreign language also... one filename was: Algoritmy syntaktickej analýzy.pdf

SO can you upload the dump files and he can run software to convert it into a readable form

mat.tokar

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

I am sorry that wasn't correct link, but some stuff for school. I updated a link.
dumps

Also I was able to stop BSODs by turning off driver verifier. I am not sure how or why it was active, probably it was by my doing.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/AECZ.html

File: 012318-9890-01.dmp (Jan 23 2018 - 12:33:13)
BugCheck: [UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7F)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avusbflt.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 46 Sec(s)

File: 012318-13296-01.dmp (Jan 23 2018 - 10:43:58)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: avguard.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File: 012318-12609-01.dmp (Jan 23 2018 - 11:06:20)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: NVDisplay.Container.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

File: 012318-12015-01.dmp (Jan 23 2018 - 12:56:01)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)
The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. Remove the software (MSI Afterburner) which installs this file while we are trying to fix your BSOD problems. Remove all overclocks. Sometimes there will be multiple copies of this file, be sure to remove all of the corresponding software.

Motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B85M-D3H-rev-10-11#ov
There are BIOS updates available for your system. You have version F13, the latest is F15.

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try updating your lan drivers: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13

Try updating your audio drivers: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html

one error was the Nvidia gpu drivers but if you remove MSI Afterburner it might resolve it. LAN drivers may have caused the top two errors.

You shouldn't have the intel GPU & Nvidia drivers installed at same time on a PC. That only really works for certain AMD boards and laptops. I would remove the intel if you have an Nvidia card.

mat.tokar

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

I updated lan and audio drivers, thanks.

I am using msi afterburner just for fps measuring, I did not overclockecd gpu or changed fan speed. Can it still cause problems?

I remember uninstalling Intel HD drivers, but I guess Windows 10 is just "smart" and do whatever it wants lol. I just disable it in device manager.

Will monitor PC behavior, thanks.

TRENDING THREADS