restoring backup from windows 10 on windows 7

Solution
Are you asking if you can use Win 7 backup to run win 10 images? So to reinstall win 10 on the PC?

Why not just install win 10 instead of 7 and run the images in 10 then? You don't have to reinstall win 7 to get back to 10, you can download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and install 10 without needing to use 7 again.

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

then you can run images created in 10 to reinstall the image.

Win 10 backup is win 7 backup utility, I think it is that way to allow people to install win 7 backups over 10, not entirely sure if the 7 version can run 10...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you asking if you can use Win 7 backup to run win 10 images? So to reinstall win 10 on the PC?

Why not just install win 10 instead of 7 and run the images in 10 then? You don't have to reinstall win 7 to get back to 10, you can download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB, and install 10 without needing to use 7 again.

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

then you can run images created in 10 to reinstall the image.

Win 10 backup is win 7 backup utility, I think it is that way to allow people to install win 7 backups over 10, not entirely sure if the 7 version can run 10 images... it should be able to..

Does that answer question?

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master

he might be, I had 2nd thoughts about that.

I don't know if it would be able to do that, if that is his question. It might, I have never tried.

I didn't think of dual boot, figured he just might want to reinstall 7 and use his files in that. Guess we wait and see :)

Back up your data on an external hard drive. You should always have your data backed up anyway, and this is a great example of why. Remember to back up your data at all times. There is no excuse in the year 2018 not to have your data backed up.

TRENDING THREADS