need help with overclocking monitor.

personwhoneedshelp

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
Hello, my current monitor is a 60hz Samsung CF591 monitor. I've seen many people overclocking their monitors, and want to give a try in hopes of achieving better gaming performance. I have a few questions, I've seen some videos and I know how to create a custom resolution and all. But how high should I go? How will I know when to stop? Will this void my warranty? And lastly, is this dangerous? Thanks for the help everyone.

Solution
You can go as high as it will go, if you go too high it will likely say "out of range" or similar. If it does don't touch anything and let windows revert back to the previous resolution that worked, it will do this automatically takes 30 seconds I think. Most 60hz monitors wont go past 75hz or so, but all monitors can overclock differently even ones of the same make and model, some may go higher some lower.

Technically it probably does void the warranty. But there is no way for them to tell you overclocked it unless you tell them.

In my experience no it is not dangerous. However overclocking the monitor will increase heat marginally so it could theoretically shorten the life of the monitor. I have a cheap 1080p 60hz acer monitor that...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
You can go as high as it will go, if you go too high it will likely say "out of range" or similar. If it does don't touch anything and let windows revert back to the previous resolution that worked, it will do this automatically takes 30 seconds I think. Most 60hz monitors wont go past 75hz or so, but all monitors can overclock differently even ones of the same make and model, some may go higher some lower.

Technically it probably does void the warranty. But there is no way for them to tell you overclocked it unless you tell them.

In my experience no it is not dangerous. However overclocking the monitor will increase heat marginally so it could theoretically shorten the life of the monitor. I have a cheap 1080p 60hz acer monitor that I have had overclocked to 74hz for maybe 5 years now and it still works fine.

Overclocking can screw with gamma levels and cause some other weird stuff sometimes. So if you notice the screen is brighter or darker after overclocking that is why. It will go away if you change it back to 60hz.

Reactions: The_creepywolf
Solution