Choosing Between Two Cases

-Volke

Reputable
Dec 28, 2015
So after trying to fit an H80i onto my CPU in my super ancient midtower and noticing some rusting and corrosion on some of the screws and other parts, I decided to finally invest in a new case. My CPU has been having heating issues that I really want to solve with a new heatsink, and I assume a cleaner interior for a case would help as well. I'm looking for advice on two ones that I am interested in but want personal input from experiences with them.

Corsair Tempered Glass Crystal Series 460X RGB
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352072

Fractal Design Meshify C
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811139085

The three things I'm looking for are air flow, interior space, and cable management.

I did consider a full tower, but none suited me even though seemed like exactly what I wanted. I am in college and move my computer somewhat frequently. It also didn't seem it would fit very well at home either. I probably don't plan on upgrading anything major for another 2 years or so and I decided to hold off on the idea until then.

I chose the Corsair because it came with 3 120mm front fans, dust filters, slightly larger interior and positive feedback about airflow. However it seems like a lot of people have trouble with wire management and have to try and work around it for quite a long time before they are satisfied. I also heard that there may be issues with ATX motherboards.

I've heard a lot of great things about the Fractal's Meshify and how great it is for airflow as well as being very easy to manage on the inside with wires. Plus, the price is much lower in comparison.

Is the Corsair actually worth it? Or can I be equally satisfied with the Meshify and save a couple bucks and set it towards another fan or two?

My specs:
Corsair CX600
MSI z97 Gaming 5
Intel 4790k
Corsair h80i
MSI GTX 970

If you want some bling factor and if you are willing to spend some more (not talking about case pricing), go for 460X.

If you want to house everything and not gonna spend much on rgb, meshify C is the right choice.