Laptop boot only first day after clean install of windows

kozienka

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Hello,
I have problem with my laptop. After I did clean windows install, laptop works great, I can restart, unplug it, remove CMOS battery, leave it like that for long time and it boots fine. But somehow on the next day, windows dont boot up. I can see first screen with BIOS options etc, but then screen goes black and nothing happens. I did try reinstall windows many times, I did try win 10 and win 7 and problem is still the same (works only for that day and wont boot next day)
I have old laptop Toshiba satellite c660-131 with NO battery (laptop is unplugged during night also)

Thanks for reply

Solution
Hello kozienka

Looks like the problem is either with the BIOS version or CMOS battery. Since the laptop doesn't have the battery, the chances are that the CMOS battery isn't able to save the BIOS settings.

To start with, can you please try leaving the laptop plugged in to the power supply and check if the issue persists the next day? The second, next step should be to buy and install a new CMOS battery and then try again.

If none of the above solutions work, you can check for and update the BIOS. However, please make sure to back up the current one before updating.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)
Hello kozienka

Looks like the problem is either with the BIOS version or CMOS battery. Since the laptop doesn't have the battery, the chances are that the CMOS battery isn't able to save the BIOS settings.

To start with, can you please try leaving the laptop plugged in to the power supply and check if the issue persists the next day? The second, next step should be to buy and install a new CMOS battery and then try again.

If none of the above solutions work, you can check for and update the BIOS. However, please make sure to back up the current one before updating.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS