MIC Not working on Windows 10 PC(Using Realtek HD Audio Manager and Realtek drivers)

brianfuguo

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
My microphone was working yesterday but it suddenly stop responding. I am using the microphone built into my gaming headset. I am able to hear sound out of my headset but it isn't recording my voice. I check the sound setting and everything is turn on and the computer is able to recognize my microphone, just not able to pick up sounds from it. I tried to update all my sound drivers and switching to other mic ports but nothing would work. (Currently I am using the front panel audio jacks, but I've tried the rear ones as well) I also tested my mic on a separate computer and it is working. May I know what is wrong with my computer? Please help me fix my microphone
My Hardware list:
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
GPU: Gtx 1050ti
RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 2133Hz
Motherboard: MSI Tomahawk B350
Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400s

brianfuguo

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

Well unfortunately I cannot restore my computer to a previous point because the computer disable the system protection. I will try to install an older version of the sound driver, I will come back if I find anything else

brianfuguo

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I would like to point out that the mic and headphone has being working previously. I don't think it is related to the HD Audio connector to the mobo because the audio output is functioning in my headphone. Also, I try to plug the headphone to the rear audio ports, and again only the audio output works but not the inputs. Could this be a hardware problem? The following is a picture like mine.
kulaklik-mikrofonunu-kapatip-bilgisayarin-mikrofonunu-kullanma.480873