Tabs show as open but program does not display on screen. Help!!!

willb01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Okay so I've had this problem for about 3 weeks now and I thought it was only with Google Chrome but it seems as though it may be on a few more programs. The issue I have is that when I try to open, for example, Google Chrome the program itself, which I can see is open In my taskbar, shows as being open but when I try and click it...nothing. This is also happening with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel as I found out today as I was trying to make a revision timetable and to my demise...I could not do. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

P.S I have no second monitor so there is no way it could be hidden on a monitor elsewhere
:/

willb01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

No, doesn't seem to work they are still out of sight

willb01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

Dec 11, 2017

Look, open the Control Panel ( it's an app located in the start menu and it has a very distinctive look - it's kind of a rectangled, mostly bluish shaped icon ( here's a little YouTube tutorial that shows how to get to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxXFngZE0Uo )) Once you get there, in the right-hand corner there will be a Search box/field where you would type: Personalisation. Once the search result is done, leftclick on Personalisation and you will be greeted with themes, desktop backgrounds, colours, sound schemes, screen saver basically loads of stuff but, you should focus on themes and find out if "Windows" (ignore the quotation marks) is the selected theme, now, if it is, then what l described in my first comment is not your issue.

willb01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

willb01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
I typed in personalisation in the control panel and nothing to do with themes or anything came up. I decided to go to settings and got to the personalisation section and previously I had my own background but I changed it back to Windows now. I still am unsure of what you are asking of me or even if I am doing the correct thing.