Looking to buy a gaming video card

calcazar01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
I currently have a 770 GTX that is begging to be replaced but I'm having the WORST time finding video cards in stock and when they are in stock, it usually costs an arm and a leg :(

Rant asside, I'm hoping someone has a card laying around that they can sell (used or new). I'm looking for something that will last me a while like my 770 GTX did. I also prefer to go nvidia but I'm also willing to go down the AMD route if need be.

As far as price is concerned.. something reasonable would be nice lol I wanna game but a guys gotta eat too!

EDIT:

My computer specs are

700W Thermaltake
ASRock X58 Extreme
Core i7 920
12GB DDR3 1600

I'm looking for a 1080 or 1070 or any comparable AMD card

calcazar01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018
Thanks! It is a bummer that there is a shortage.. you would think Nvidia or AMD would create cards just for mining similar to how they make pro cards for workstations.

Zelate

Reputable
Jul 23, 2015

They tried but that doesn't work. Miners buy gaming gpu's specifically because they can be easily resold to gamers unlike mining cards.

jeffredo

Distinguished
Don't bother with that CPU. The PC's fairly well balanced as it is and anything better probably won't see much if any increase in performance due to the CPU's relative weakness compared to today's GPUs. Basically, I wouldn't wasted my money until I got a new PC.

calcazar01

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

Yep! I plan to slowly update my rig at some point as well; I typically update the graphics cards first since I almost always see some kind of improvement from the get go (Instant Gratification.. Possible personality flaw lol). After the graphics card I then start saving up for motherboard/CPU combo's on newegg and ultimately buy Ram a stick at a time. It takes me some time to get where I want to be with all of the parts which is why I personally start with the GPU since I'd get to use it now rather than 4 ~ 5 months from now lol