Dell Desktop Wont Boot after Update

turwig2010

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
I got this Dell desktop in November, and just updated it. It was working fine an hour ago, and right after the update, the desktop just turned off and would not boot. When I press the power button it is the standerd white light, then turns into this flashing orange light. The computers sounds like it is on, I can hear the fans and such. I need help, this computer was not cheap at all. Nothing showing up

Solution
Dells have several additional diagnostic LEDs on the front. The online user manual will tell you what they mean. You could also try booting into the BIOS and see if it goes that far. Then Safe Mode by toggling the F8 key during boot. If you can get into the BIOS or can already boot from USB, or DVD you can run a LINUX live DVD, or USB and see if the hardware is working, and look for Programs on the HDD that were added recently and delete them. Be careful to just "try" Linux, not install it or it will overwrite your HDD.
Dells have several additional diagnostic LEDs on the front. The online user manual will tell you what they mean. You could also try booting into the BIOS and see if it goes that far. Then Safe Mode by toggling the F8 key during boot. If you can get into the BIOS or can already boot from USB, or DVD you can run a LINUX live DVD, or USB and see if the hardware is working, and look for Programs on the HDD that were added recently and delete them. Be careful to just "try" Linux, not install it or it will overwrite your HDD.

Solution