Keyboard & Mouse Stop Working Intermittinly

Ruff16965

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Good afternoon,

I have been having issues with my keyboards and mice, lately. I mainly use a Logitech K350 keyboard and M570 trackball mouse, although I have switched out to a back up wired USB keyboard and mouse.

I will be typing, mainly, the computer will freeze up, I usually loose most up what I have typed. "The quick brown fox jumped over the woodpile" might come out as "Thoxjumped over..."

I have changed batteries, moved the unified receiver to different USB slots, I have even swapped out the Unified Receiver to a spare, totally removed keyboard from device manager and rebooted, making it find new drivers. I have gone to Logitech and downloaded latest drivers.

This was not a problem when I first built the system or the first year, it started after a totally clean install of Windows 10, it seems to be getting worse over time. However due to a couple of other issues, I have redid the clean install 2 and have done a couple of rollbacks.

I am at a lost and am ready to try anything.

Ruff16965

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

I have not load tested it, but there should not be much. I have maybe 3 programs open, I use AVG Ultimate and have closed everything that is running in the background.

In the past I have Ctrl+Alt+Delete and had the task manager and the CPU when it has locked up was no higher than 27% and usually around 8%

I5-6600K @ 3.74GHz
RAM 64GB
9TB of hard drive space
Windows 10 Pro