Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration

sebastian329

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018
Okay so I just built my computer, and everything worked/started but right away my Ethernet didn't work so I asked friends they told me to download the drivers I did this and it didn't work I also reset my router, I have done the command thing /Ip config etc but the videos I watch have a lot longer code in their resposnse then what i receive. I would get 3 lines of code saying not valid while they get 80 in their tutorial. I have messed with the Ip address but to no avail non of that has worked. I may have installed something wrong Idk. I also have a few cables not plugged In but I thought they where extras so I took them out. (cords I took out Cpu 2, 2 sata cables and a perif) If one of these are important, I will not know where it goes. Also I have 4 cords that where in the case(tower pre-installed) that I can't find an area to plug in. I've tried using the software(easydriver)that detect missing drivers but without wifi they won't work. I've tried almost all the solutions on the internet using the Ethernet cable on my old computer. I have windows 10. Any questions about my computer and or software ask me. And if you have a solution please leave very detailed steps I get confused sometimes.

Solution
When you open your device manager and navigate to the Ethernet Controller, what does it say.?

Also, I hear back things about easydriver. They are simple enough to handle by yourself. Are you using the Ethernet port attached to your motherboard or is it an external card?

SirSub42

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
When you open your device manager and navigate to the Ethernet Controller, what does it say.?

Also, I hear back things about easydriver. They are simple enough to handle by yourself. Are you using the Ethernet port attached to your motherboard or is it an external card?

Solution