Thread "Violated Rules of Conduct" Somehow...? And removed upon waiting for responses..?

SundownEditing

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
So, I was waiting for responses for my thread regarding a problem with whether I should change my 4gb ram sticks to 8gb ram sticks yata yata yata, when suddenly, this pops up in my notifications-

"Hello SundownEditing,

Your thread "Replace 2x4gb ram sticks for 2x8gb ram sticks?" has been removed from Tom's Hardware. Please be sure to comply with the Rules of Conduct and guidelines for posting."

....What? Which rule did I even violate? I'm so confused... Also, this is my first post in like 3 months, so there's no way this would fall anywhere near "bumping".

Could someone please explain why this happened and how I could avoid this from happening again? But I'm honestly not going to be surprised if this somehow gets removed as well for some other unknown reason...

Solution
There was a spammer that posted in your thread and looks like your post was deleted too by mistake. I'd have to ask that mod but I don't think it matters as it was restored immediately after so was never really removed. We don't just delete threads for no reason. There's just no way to stop the automated message.
There was a spammer that posted in your thread and looks like your post was deleted too by mistake. I'd have to ask that mod but I don't think it matters as it was restored immediately after so was never really removed. We don't just delete threads for no reason. There's just no way to stop the automated message.

Solution

SundownEditing

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response, I understand now. Apologies if I sounded hostile in this thread, I was really aggravated at the time. Thank you for clearing that up.