my sister laptop isn't working please help. HP WINDOWS 10 "restoring your previous version of windows"

mustard162

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018
hello, today my sister's laptop is having troubles and i need help
the laptop is HP Notebook - 15-f272wm.

when we turn it on it starts with hp loading screen.

then after that goes to a black screen with text at the bottom that says "restoring your previous version of windows" then turns off and then back on and repeats the process.

things I've tried taking the battery out, unplugging and taking the battery out, taking out the battery then unplugging it from the wall and laptop and holding power down for 15 seconds and then plugging the cord back in to outlet and laptop with out the battery and hitting the power button.

please help ASAP

Solution
It sounds like your system is trying to restore itself but is unable to for reasons unknown. Commonly it can be the system reserved has some corrupt system files so it can't restore itself.

The best thing to do if you don't have a Windows 10 Installation disc would be to make a Windows 10 USB BOOTABLE drive like this :
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support
You can use this to get to the advanced options to Repair your computer or RESET/REFRESH/RESTORE

Use the BIOS settings of the HP Laptop to select the USB to boot instead of the hard drive and look out for "Repair your computer' to start the recovery environment. Hope this helps.

ajgarcia1428

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
It sounds like your system is trying to restore itself but is unable to for reasons unknown. Commonly it can be the system reserved has some corrupt system files so it can't restore itself.

The best thing to do if you don't have a Windows 10 Installation disc would be to make a Windows 10 USB BOOTABLE drive like this :
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-usb-bootable-media-uefi-support
You can use this to get to the advanced options to Repair your computer or RESET/REFRESH/RESTORE

Use the BIOS settings of the HP Laptop to select the USB to boot instead of the hard drive and look out for "Repair your computer' to start the recovery environment. Hope this helps.

Solution