Keyboard on an ASUS G551 laptop is broken, keeps entering unwanted keys. Doesn't show up in device manager. How can I disable?

arilyn.hess

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Just what the title says. I have an external keyboard I've been using because my internal keyboard is broken, likely after water spills, a lot of the keys stopped working entirely. But lately my enter key has been spamming inputs. I wanted to disable in device manager but the keyboard isn't listed under keyboards nor Human interface devices. I also tried using devmanview and that didn't list it either from any guides I read.

How can I find and disable the keyboard or disconnect it? I don't need to use it anymore just want it to stop ruining other tasks.

Not sure what to do, interferes with a lot. Thank you for the help.

Solution
have you tried going into the BIOS of your laptop to disable?
https://itstillworks.com/turn-off-keyboard-asus-bios-12304333.html

when you used DevManView did you use it properly? coz that one shouldve done the trick.
* sort list by "Device Type Code" and search for "Keyboard"
* internal keyboard will be called something like "PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)"
* right-click on it and you will be able to disable it (just ignore the error popup)
* restart your computer and Voila!

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
you can do a trick on the device manager.
* add any device driver keyboard. an incompatible driver will do fine as well.
* once your device driver is successfully installed. just right click on the keyboard device to disable.

arilyn.hess

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I'm not exactly sure what that means but I've tried disabling every keyboard device on the system and it still doesnt disable, it only disables my external keyboard.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
have you tried going into the BIOS of your laptop to disable?
https://itstillworks.com/turn-off-keyboard-asus-bios-12304333.html

when you used DevManView did you use it properly? coz that one shouldve done the trick.
* sort list by "Device Type Code" and search for "Keyboard"
* internal keyboard will be called something like "PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)"
* right-click on it and you will be able to disable it (just ignore the error popup)
* restart your computer and Voila!

Solution