Windows 10 - Monitor says "Out of Range"

zamanwm

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Please I really need help. I cant figure out how to fix my monitor. It says out of range. Saying to right click my desktop and go to display settings wont help because I cant figure out how to do that! I cant see anything but monitor out of range on my screen. Not any other words.

Solution
its because the resolution the graphics card is trying to output isn't supported by the monitor.

this might help;
Do you have a win 10 installer? I only need it to be a boot drive. If you don't, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Now lets see if we can boot into low resolution mode so you can set the GPU resolution toa better one.
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose option 3) Enable low resolution video

PC will restart with low res settings and hopefully you can fix current display settings.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its because the resolution the graphics card is trying to output isn't supported by the monitor.

this might help;
Do you have a win 10 installer? I only need it to be a boot drive. If you don't, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Now lets see if we can boot into low resolution mode so you can set the GPU resolution toa better one.
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose option 3) Enable low resolution video

PC will restart with low res settings and hopefully you can fix current display settings.

Solution

zamanwm

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Thank you. That seems to work. But I learned about another method.

I used an HDML cable to connect me PC to my TV. Then I unglugged my computer monitor so the TV would take its place. Then I could see the screen normally. I logged on, changed my refresh rate to 60 although it was already 60 but I made it 59 and then 60hz. Then I plugged my monitor back in and it worked fine.

One problem though is that the fonts for my computer are completely messed up. How can I fix that?