Restarting pc and videos problem!!!!

bouritas1997

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017
Hello guys i have a problem and i wanted to ask if someone can help me because its really annoying....i have a laptop (Asus AMD A9-9420 RADEON R5 5 COMPUTE CORES,2C+3G 3.00GHZ 64 Bit 4GB RAM) and when im in a site like Youtube or Video Player from my pc and try to watch a video sometimes appear some green lines on the video and sometimes the pc closes and restarts without asking me.....just for the record i had the same problem in my previous laptop i took it back to the shop and they gave me this one(different model) and same problems appear in this one too so i think its not a laptop's problem but something else maybe windows because when i try to do the (2018-1 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 KB4056892) it sais update failed to installed......PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Solution
Before any further troubleshooting you should start by running a hardware diagnostic to see if any hardware is failing causing the display to show green lines or randomly rebooting.

It's quick and easy and if it passes, move on with troubleshooting.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1011117/
Hello bouritas1997

Most of the times it's the graphics driver that is the main culprit. To resolve this, you can try upgrading to its latest version. If the latest version is already installed, you can try downloading and installing an earlier version of the driver from the vendor's official website.

The best way would be to uninstall the current driver completely from the Device Manager, and then install the downloaded one from the scratch.

About the failed Windows Updates, you can Get to Safe Mode, go to the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder, and delete all the contents the folder has.

After this, you can restart the computer in Normal Mode, and continue updating Windows normally.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

bouritas1997

Prominent
Oct 30, 2017

Did that for the windows update but nothing same thing happens failed to update again......

GoProDavidLE

Reputable
Dec 10, 2015
Before any further troubleshooting you should start by running a hardware diagnostic to see if any hardware is failing causing the display to show green lines or randomly rebooting.

It's quick and easy and if it passes, move on with troubleshooting.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1011117/

Solution