Do 3d programs like 3ds max,maya,vray,blender work fine on win 10 home?

Girishchan

Commendable
Oct 17, 2016
I have a workstation pc with ryzen 1700x cpu and 16gb ram. I wish to purchase windows 10 but there is a huge price difference between home and pro versions in my country(India). At around 100 dollars is win 10 home which I an afford. Now I'm wondering if 3d programs like 3ds max, maya, vray, blender and design programs like Adobe cc etc work fine on home version instead of win 10 pro? Websites of 3ds max and maya show that win 10 pro is required but I read about some people using these programs fine on their machines with win 10 home. Can someone please provide me some clarity on this?
P.S. pardon me for my bad english

Solution
There is no difference between using heavy 3D programs in Windows 10 home vs pro. None. The only things Windows 10 pro gives you are features like the ability to join domains or perks like Bitlocker. I've build many PCs with Windows 10 home for purposes such as CAD, Resolve, Maya, Blender, etc. Some of these machines had enhancements like up to 128GB of RAM or 2+ high powered graphics cards. If they didn't use domains or Bitlocker then why not save some money. The machine having Windows 10 home didn't impact performance at all. In the Windows Vista days you had limits like 16GB max RAM for home premium but that's it and Win10 home supports up to 128GB.

jr9

Estimable
There is no difference between using heavy 3D programs in Windows 10 home vs pro. None. The only things Windows 10 pro gives you are features like the ability to join domains or perks like Bitlocker. I've build many PCs with Windows 10 home for purposes such as CAD, Resolve, Maya, Blender, etc. Some of these machines had enhancements like up to 128GB of RAM or 2+ high powered graphics cards. If they didn't use domains or Bitlocker then why not save some money. The machine having Windows 10 home didn't impact performance at all. In the Windows Vista days you had limits like 16GB max RAM for home premium but that's it and Win10 home supports up to 128GB.

Solution