Asus AI Suite3 will not uninstall

Michael_707

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
Been, there, done that, I am not certain that it actually does anything.
I think it might be an exe that either fires off a bat file or a powershell script.
It opens up a small window that doesn't even have time to render before it vanishes?
I would be much more interested in what is in the script its running?
Interestingly the installer does the same thing.
Put a pause in the bat file for readability!

Thanks for replying.
I would do a manual redgedit deletion, but its a suite of a least 8 or more apps all with different names and I have no ideal what needs to be removed?

Michael_707

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
You would think that installing the upgrade would overwrite the old one, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to install over the faulty one.

Why don't they write complete uninstallers? Every unistaller I have seen to date always leaves some garbage in the registry.

I could fix the whole problem my backing out the microsoft update? Someone said they did that?

Michael_707

Honorable
Jul 2, 2017
Eureka!

Add/remove programs runs the installer in install mode, so I could not uninstall?
Running the installer I downloaded also puts in into install mode, so I could not uninstall?
Running Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall failed to detect Aisuite, so no joy?
Running AI3Cleaner did not seem to work, don't really know cause all the apps trigger the problem?

AiSuite 3 comes with 8 applications, Ai Charger+, Dual Intelligent Processor 5, EZ Update, Mobo Connect, Push Notice, System Information, USB 3.1 Boost, USB BIOS Flashback.

If you launch the installer from the startmenu->program->ASUS->AiSuite3->uninstall AiSuite3, then the installer comes up in uninstall mode.

Unfortunately it only seems to uninstall one application at a time, sort of. I must of have rebooted about 12 times, but now it is all gone.

Windows 10 kept asking me if the installer was working, ha. Sort of I guess?

Apr 29, 2020
As this continues to be an issue (as I ran into this today) I have found that deleting the C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ folder to resolve the inability to install an update to AI Suite 3, as well as uninstall. It does not appear to impact the ability for the program(s) to run, either, as neither did they cease running nor did the programs fail to launch and retain it's settings after a reboot.