Low screen quality with new PC

flopko

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Hi. I bought new PC: gtx 1050ti, 8gb ram, i5 3470 3.2GHz and I saw that screen quality is quite lower than my older PC (I think because screen is not 1080p, but not sure). I use older monitor with VGA connector and I bought HDMI adapter to connect it with 1050ti. Screen resolution is on 1360x768 (recommended) and it is still lower quality.

Solution
I assume you mean you're using the same monitor on both PCs, and the image quality is worse with the new PC than with the old PC?

VGA is an analog standard, and can be affected by all sorts of noise and signal degradation. It's not at all uncommon for different video cards (or in your case, a HDMI to VGA adapter) to result in blurry images, dim images, wavy images. It all depends on the quality of the digital-to-analog converter used by the video card (or the HDMI to VGA adapter), and the shielding around the circuitry.

You can try a different HDMI to VGA adapter - that will produce a different image, maybe better. But since your monitor is only 1366x768, I'd suggest you stop wasting your money on HDMI to VGA adapters. Retire the...

WildCard999

Titan
If your previous monitor was 1080P then the difference would be noticeable, especially if it was bigger as well, it could also be the adapter. You could try going into the Nvidia Control Panel and use DSR to increase the res and scale it back to the native res and see if it looks any better.

I assume you mean you're using the same monitor on both PCs, and the image quality is worse with the new PC than with the old PC?

VGA is an analog standard, and can be affected by all sorts of noise and signal degradation. It's not at all uncommon for different video cards (or in your case, a HDMI to VGA adapter) to result in blurry images, dim images, wavy images. It all depends on the quality of the digital-to-analog converter used by the video card (or the HDMI to VGA adapter), and the shielding around the circuitry.

You can try a different HDMI to VGA adapter - that will produce a different image, maybe better. But since your monitor is only 1366x768, I'd suggest you stop wasting your money on HDMI to VGA adapters. Retire the old monitor and buy a new 1080p monitor that accepts digital input (HDMI, DVI-D, Displayport). The digital standards are exact and error-corrected. So the image the video card sends is exactly what the monitor receives - no image degradation along the cable.

Solution