Are you building a new PC? GPU Prices got you down? Check this out!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
--NOTE--
If any moderator knows a better place to put this thread please do so for me, thanks! ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you been thinking about building a new PC?
Do these ridiculous prices for GPU's make you want to cry?
If so then look no further!
NZXT has started a new prebuilt PC program called NZXT BLD.

You basically pick your parts from the available options and then order away!
Their current vendor list for components is a little limited at the moment but very good choices overall.

Why buy a prebuilt system you ask? Well here's why, unlike other services NZXT gives you a nice choice of parts and they are employing professionals who know how to build a nice system the right way. They charge you a fee of $99 that covers a singular warranty for all of the parts in the system, no more having to deal with multiple vendors and their warranties!
Also, this fee covers them having built the system for you along with a couple of other great things.

The absolute best part of this and the reason I am suggesting this and sharing it with people is that NZXT is charging the MSRP prices for all of the components. Not the current retail value but the MSRP (unless the current retail value set by that company is lower than the original MSRP) and that especially goes for the GPU's. No more $900+ price tag for a GTX 1070. Try more like $550. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about baby!

So if you are looking to build a new PC and would like to pay a more reasonable price for it and have it look professional and clean and just work right out of the box then check this out.

You can watch this video for information about this service done by BitWit (formerly AwesomeSauce Network)
https://youtu.be/1O_4bOSSTcU

And you can go here for the NZXT BLD site.
https://www.nzxt.com/bldnow

Sound off in the reply with your thoughts on this and feel free to share the news!

That's retailers that jacked up GPU prices, companies that buy them from factories can buy them for much less including price drop for quantity and still make a good buck on them.
I have an aversion from buying from brand name computer makers because they often limit upgrades and use specific (to them) parts also limiting BIOS options.
This thing, that reputable company like NZXT is doing, using off-shelf parts, makes a lot more sense. Only problem is dishing out large sums at once, most of my builds are gradual and using at least some parts from previous builds, I bet I have at least some screws from my first 386SX PC.