Will not boot even with bootable usb

naca00

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
After hours of googling, I still haven't found anyone with the same issue as me. My pc has been having some issues, randomly freezing while playing games for a minute at a time. Then it wouldn't unfreeze and I would have to force shut down my pc. One time after doing this, the msi logo from my motherboard didn't even pop up upon startup. It went straight to showing the circle of white dots toward the bottom of a black screen. I wen't and grabbed my bootable usb drive with windows 10 installation media on it, and for some reason it wouldn't boot (yes I am able to access bios and change boot priority). It still showed the circle of white dots. I went and formatted the usb drive making sure it was fat32, and reinstalled the installation media on there. Still didn't work. Even with all peripherals unplugged it still won't boot. I am seriously willing to paypal someone if their solution works I am so frustrated right now... I also need my pc for homework as a computer science student so fixing this before Monday is a must.
Thank you in advance.

naca00

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

Did that already. No luck. Also made sure it was being detected on board explorer.

naca00

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

Wait, I have updated information. I unplugged my ssd (with the corrupted windows on it) and now it boots from my usb drive... Should i just install windows on my hdd and buy a new ssd later or can i now plug in my ssd and install it on there right now?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
you may want to list down your hardware specs or we'll just keep guessing.
well if you can bakcup your data, then why not? you can also try to attempt to fix your SSD as a secondary drive. were still not sure yet if your SSD actually died or it just needed a firmware/driver update.

make sure your bios sata mode is set to AHCI and boot mode to Uefi/uefi+legacy/CSM disabled (depending on your BIOS.) before you do a windows fresh install.

naca00

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

hmm... it doesn't even list my ssd under the partitions to download windows onto. does that suggest that i will need a new ssd? installing windows on my hdd now by the way