Screen keeps freezing while playing games

centralmender04

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hello guys,

So a few weeks ago my screen started freezing once in a while but it didn't really bug me. But lately it keeps happening more often and i noticed that it only happens while i play video games. I only play Counter-strike Global offensive and fortnite (Medium settings). So i bought a new monitor because i thought that my old monitor was the cause of this issue but it still keeps on happening. Another thing that is strange to me is that my fans are going faster and slower (you can hear the noise difference clearly) but even when i dont play any games. So when my ''screen freezes'' I can't alt-Tab nor can I ctrl+alt+del. I just can't do anything so i always press and hold the powerbutton or i press a little button next to my powerbutton (I don't know the name of that button but i know that it should be used when your computer crashes or something like that)

These are my specs:

-Corsair obsidian 750d
-asus rampage iv extreme
-intel i7 4930k
-Nvidia GTX780
-Corsair H80i
-SilverStone Strider gold 1200W
-RAM is from a brand named Crucial tech but i dont know the specific one. I have 4 sticks of 8GB RAM.

If i have left something important please let me know and i'll try to give that info aswell. Thank you guys hopefully someone can help me with my problem.

toshibitsu

Distinguished
I would suggest checking the games for updates. Also update video card driver(clean install) and possibly update DirectX(in case needed). I would also air out the system in case there's excessive dust buildup. The thermal paste on cpu and/or gpu could be worn and need to be replaced.

onii_chan

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Have you overclocked you cpu or gpu? If yes it might be because of a unstable overclock or your temps might be to high.

lordtristan28

Reputable
Feb 4, 2018
I've had this problem before, It was because of my hard drive though, Whenever i would play far cry 3, Or another game for a long time (around 2 hours) my computer would freeze up and crash, Then after about 30 seconds it would blue screen. And i got one of the worse error codes. It meant that my GPU was overheating or my computers hard drive just stopped. etc etc. This does not sound like the issue i was having, But i recommend opening you're computer and checking all the wires to the hard drives and all the wires to the GPU. If you have a overclocked GPU or overclocked CPU i recommend to look at other guides for a stable overclock.

TRENDING THREADS