New hard drive. Wont boot through windows 10 usb to download

Feb 4, 2018
I just got a new hard drive and ive dove into the bios in my old a88x-g45 motherboard and i can not for the life of me boot up the the usb for windows 10 to download. Ive been through the boot options and it didnt work, any ideas??

Solution
Make sure to update the BIOS if you have not. There was some USB flash drive compatibility issues on that mobo.
Can you see the USB drive in the BIOS Boot device priority bar?
Besides moving the device icons to change the boot priority, you could disable everything but the USB flash drive.
After Windows is done with the setup and reboots you get into the BIOS and enable the Boot drive.
Also, set Legacy USB Support to 'Auto' under USB Configuration in the BIOS. It will automatically detect if any USB device is connected.
Make sure to update the BIOS if you have not. There was some USB flash drive compatibility issues on that mobo.
Can you see the USB drive in the BIOS Boot device priority bar?
Besides moving the device icons to change the boot priority, you could disable everything but the USB flash drive.
After Windows is done with the setup and reboots you get into the BIOS and enable the Boot drive.
Also, set Legacy USB Support to 'Auto' under USB Configuration in the BIOS. It will automatically detect if any USB device is connected.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS