Blue Screens of Death, Random Freezing, and randomly returning to lock screen.

numnums825

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Recently my computer has been acting very strange. It sometimes freezes when it is idle (never when gaming) even if it is only idle for 5 seconds. Not only does my monitor freeze, the LEDs on my peripherals also freeze. It also randomly shuts down without notice. Just today I got a BSOD that said something like:

Error: Registry Filter Driver Exception

The file that the error occurred in was ws64.sys or something like that.

Then just a couple of minutes ago, my computer randomly started to return to the lock screen. Once it did, I couldn't log back on unless I restarted my computer. Even if I did restart my computer, it would only allow me 5 minutes before it kicked me back to the lock screen again.

Specs:
AMD FX-8350
ASROCK 990FX Killer
GTX 970
Seasonic 520W PSU
1TB Seagate Hard Drive

numnums825

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

So I ran Malwarebytes. It picked up on a potentially unwanted program and I quarantined it. After that, the freezes and random shutdowns seemed to stop. But once my computer's clock hit 9:00 PM, it instantly took me back to the login screen. Even if I restart it, I only get five minutes before it kicks me back off again.

numnums825

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

It does require a password when I wake it up, but the screen says it goes to sleep after 15 minutes of activity, not 5.

TRENDING THREADS