What is the best version of Windows 10?

Solution
Depends on your use-case.

For *most* users, Windows 10 Home is all you "need", so would be the "best fit", considering you're not paying the premium for Pro etc.

IMO, "Pro" is the best balance of features, so I would quantify that as "best" myself...... but for a 'normal' user, there's very little justification for anything >Home.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Depends on your use-case.

For *most* users, Windows 10 Home is all you "need", so would be the "best fit", considering you're not paying the premium for Pro etc.

IMO, "Pro" is the best balance of features, so I would quantify that as "best" myself...... but for a 'normal' user, there's very little justification for anything >Home.

Solution

bajgur

Reputable
Nov 29, 2016
imho

home and ed, means you totally surrender to our microsoft overlord.
while in pro you somehow got "some control" over your windows/pc/notebook.
pick enterprise if you want "full control" over your windows/pc/notebook (illusion).

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
For a Gamer/Streamer/Browser Home is all you need. Pro adds a lot of business features you will never use at a nice price increase.

If you know how to access the hidden power user features in Home how much more control do you need? Windows has been pretty free with control, if you want lockdown visit Apples OS and see how that is.

bignastyid

Titan

Enterprise is volume license only and not available with a single license.

Education is only available to students and teachers and the issuing educational institute can put expiration dates on the license.

Indeed, and the Enterprise and Education feature set are very similar, I would not classify Education as the same as home at all.

For what you are doing OP Home is perfectly fine, Pro will give you some more features like bitlocker encryption, access to group policies and some better control of Windows updates but not something a Home user would need hence, why there is a different and cheaper Home version.