Win 10 hanging on blue screen during install on new build

sarah.reed026

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
Im having trouble getting windows 10 to install on my new build, here are my specs:

Intel core i5
MSI geforce gtx 1050 ti
Asrock z270 extreme 4 motherboard
Crucial 8g ram
Corsair 550 power supply
Cooler master hyper 212 water cooler
Asus DVD drive(drw-24b1st)
Western digital 1tb hdd
old Samsung ssd from previous builders w

Here's what I've tried so far:
-Made a bootable usb from the windows media tool, didn't work
-Reformatted the usb to fat32
-Tried the windows.iso from the Microsoft site
-Tried all different usb ports, both 2.0 and 3.0
-Updated bios, triple checked the boot order was correct in launching the usb

The fursthest I ever got was using my windows cd (its an oem, which I know can have some issues), I was able to select a language, but then it would freeze instead of install.. I had even left it up overnight and no changes. With the usb, I just get a blue screen with no error messages at all.

And because it's a new build, I don't have the option to run checks on anything that would require an OS. This is straight from the boxes. I haven't been able to figure this out for almost 3 weeks so any help or anything I can try at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Get the mediacreation tool get the ISO. If you've got the ISO get]http://rufus.akeo.ie/]get Rufus[/url] download it to a hdd

Put a flash drive in. Run rufus. Select GPT for partition add ISO wait for it to finish reboot.

If there is anything on the flash drive that you want, copy it to something else. Because Rufus will format it

Go into the BIOS enable AHCI secureboot and UEFI if you're installing Win10 x64. Change bootdisk to flash drive

Save settings. Boot from flash drive. Wait for it to get to the windows setup screen

If there are any partitions on the hdd, delete them first

Whatever hdd youre installing Windows on, UNPLUG the other hdd first.

Wait till Windows is on the hdd then reconnect the other hdd after Windows has been installed

Turn the computer off, before you reconnect the other hdd

sarah.reed026

Prominent
Feb 1, 2018
So I wasn't able to delete the partitons, because I only have BIOS and can't remove them from there. I unplugged my old Samsung ssd, followed all your steps and got a blue screen that says

Recovery: your pc needs to be repaired, a required device isn't connected or cant be accesses, error code 0xc000000f. then it tells me to use recovery tools

TRENDING THREADS