Mysterious freezing computer (software or hardware issue?)

yumito

Honorable
May 30, 2013
Hello everyone,

I recently built a PC and came across an issue which I assume is just one. (EDIT: upon further inspection it is multiple issues, any advice is appreciated as bouncing ideas often helps one think)

Specs:
Processor- AMD Ryzen 1200 quad core processor
MOBO- AS rock AB350M Pro4
GPU- MSI 1050ti
RAM- GEIL EVO POTENZA 4gbx2 DDR4

Issue:

The PC keeps freezing it doesnt appear to have a trigger for example it will sometimes happen during the startup programs and sometimes it wont happen for half an hour into something. Yesterday I installed shadow of mordor (which took a few hours) and it did not freeze, i tested the game for a bit went to bed and in the morning it wouldnt wake from sleep. I also did a msi kombuster benchmark and after an hour of it working i stopped it and installed fallout and when I ran it again it keep going until i stopped it but when i exited to desktop it was frozen. I attached another mouse and it didnt even appear to get power (it has a red LED).

Also this morning when I pressed the power button it beeped very rapidly. This has happened twice. I have already replaced the ram and the HDD. I unplugged all the connections on the mobo replaced the HD sata cable and even unplugged the optical drive in case it was setting the power over the edge (radmax 450w)

SUMMARY:

PC freezes randomly
replaced RAM, HDD
PC beeped rapidly twice
PC did not wake from sleep (this happened once)
PC was running MSI kombuster and once i closed the program nothing in the OS worked

One other thing, I guessed on the risers and attached them in random locations

EDIT: I rebooted the PC and the screen went black but the cpu fan gpu fan keep spinning. It did not boot back up it just stayed in this idle state.
EDIT2: Updated nvidia drivers and rebooted same issue. Says rebooting screen goes black and never comes back.
EDIT3: Changed the pci-e slot and it appears to have resolved the reboot issue. Will update on the freezing when i know more
EDIT4: reboot issue still fixed, now screen will just randomly go black. I guess this is the equivalent of the freeze.
EDIT5: event viewer says "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\DR0." all the time like 455 times 1 second and 10 minutes later 222 times in a second'
EDIT6: The freeze seems to happen faster if I have a network connection.
EDIT7: The PC can sit in the bios menu overnight without the screen going black. Once in windows within 10 minutes it will go black.

yumito

Honorable
May 30, 2013
A lot of new information added. Unable to buy a new psu for a while. Issue appears to only happen when in windows. I created a new boot usb and that didnt help either. Nothing interesting in event viewer as of now.