No mouse after total reset windows10

alanrogerlefloch

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
Hi,
I have a small hp 11 laptop running on windows 10.
I forgot my password and has to reset it.
It went fine until i jave a choice of language and a NEXT button...but no mouse on screen and even if i move the tacticle pad..no mouse or response in any way.
Please help me out.:??:
Best regards

Solution
It sounds like the reset caused your mouse to stop working. It’s probably just a driver issue. Since you already reset everything and you stand no risk of losing data (since it’s all gone now) you should do a fresh install of Windows 10 instead of a reset.

To do this, you will need another PC to work from (since yours is currently not working) and your current Windows key. If you don’t know it or can’t find it then you’ll have to contact Microsoft for a new key after the process is complete. You don’t need the key to install Windows. I did it this way and Microsoft activated Windows for me.

Google search for “Windows 10 Media Ceation Tool”. You should find a link to Microsoft to download the tool to a USB drive. Download it and then...

Jwpanz

Honorable
It sounds like the reset caused your mouse to stop working. It’s probably just a driver issue. Since you already reset everything and you stand no risk of losing data (since it’s all gone now) you should do a fresh install of Windows 10 instead of a reset.

To do this, you will need another PC to work from (since yours is currently not working) and your current Windows key. If you don’t know it or can’t find it then you’ll have to contact Microsoft for a new key after the process is complete. You don’t need the key to install Windows. I did it this way and Microsoft activated Windows for me.

Google search for “Windows 10 Media Ceation Tool”. You should find a link to Microsoft to download the tool to a USB drive. Download it and then put that USB drive into your laptop.

Boot your laptop (with the USB in it) and enter the BIOS. Navigate to the Boot menu and select the USB drive as the first boot device. Exit the BIOS and your laptop should boot from the USB sand prompt you to install Windows 10. Follow the prompts and also see if your mouse is working. Let us know what happens!

Solution

t53186

Distinguished

use the tab key to move between selections and the enter key to select, don't need a mouse

tucpchom

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Was it a Synaptics mouse pad? Version 1709 installed a non-working Synaptics driver on a HP laptop, 250 G5. There was no work around as of 1/22/2018. Tried both drivers on HP website, one installs a non-working mouse pad driver, the other kills off all HID devices including the keyboard. Had to use on-screen keyboard to remove bad driver.

Customer is using USB mouse; that works fine.